This post-hire product will verify if your applicant is legally allowed to work in the United States. Information is accessed from the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration to verify your applicant’s right-to-work status. All federal contractors and subcontractors are required by law to verify their employees’ eligibility to legally work in the U.S. In addition, more than a dozen states also require or strongly encourage E-Verify on certain employees. All other public and private sector employers may use the system voluntarily.
The electronic E-Verify solution electronically queries DHS and SSA databases to verify new employees’ U.S. work eligibility. This query includes verification that your candidate’s name and SSN match in the SSA database. In most cases, the results are returned to you instantly. Enhanced capabilities include email alerts and reports that help track and monitor tentative non-confirmations.
Benefits to the E-Verify solution:
- Significantly reduce your potential risks of non-compliance which would result in exposure to financial penalties and consequent negative publicity. For employers who knowingly hire or knowingly continue to employ unauthorized workers, civil penalties range from $250 to $11,000 per violation. For employers engaging in a pattern or practice of knowingly hiring or continuing to employ unauthorized workers, criminal penalties can be a much as $3,000 per unauthorized employee and/or 6 months imprisonment.
- Help ensure workforce stability and assist in eliminating the potential for disruptive and costly turnover created by the mandatory removal of legally unauthorized employees.
- Minimize the potential for attracting legally unauthorized candidates by acknowledging your participation in E-Verify.
- Seamlessly integrates with your existing ordering system.
- Employee information will be carried over to the E-Verify screen to reduce data entry.
All background check information is provided by an FCRA-certified licensed private investigator. The FCRA-certified licensed private investigator, in its entirety, is responsible for ordering technology, report data, federal/state compliance, accuracy, delivery of reports, thoroughness and presenting the information in an understandable format. Thomas Hamilton & Associates and its dba/subsidiaries (THA), is not nor has ever been a consumer reporting agency (CRA) as defined by 15 U.S.C.1681a(f), is not responsible for report compliance, does not compile, produce, prepare, update, or have any input regarding the contents of any background or drug screen reports. THA is not responsible for the CRA's sources or accuracy and is not able to edit or alter any part of a finished background report. All adverse action taken on behalf of employers is performed entirely by the CRA, and the CRA its entirety is responsible for all letters, content and the adverse action process. THA is not a reseller as defined by 15 U.S.C.1681a(u) and does not take possession of reports or resell reports to multiple employers.